Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Excitement is Growing


We look excited, right?


We finished our floors and paused just long enough to admire them briefly and immediately covered them back up.



  
                                   


I got a neat little lens that fits on my phone and it does these nice wide angle shots. So here's the bathroom with a little more view.




 When we start to lose our minds, we come in here and look at what we've done so far. It's like a Zen Garden. But with brick walls. and plaster. 




This is us getting the plaster done upstairs. Lauren and I put in a lot of late nights, and early mornings, and short lunches, and quick dinners, I mean, I guess we're working pretty hard.





 I've been working on the door casings, and these detail panels, to fill in the pocket door holes. They are turning out great, and I got to show Lauren how to use the miter saw and turn her loose on the small boring cuts... Thanks Lauren!


This bathroom is almost done. When I get off the keybord I'm headed to the shop to scrape, strip, sand, prime and paint an ungodly number of old oak doors. One of them will be retrofit into a small sliding pocket door for this little bath.





Above is an after and before of our brick arch between the kitchen and dining room. I didn't want to lose the arch, so I bent, glued, and laminated thin plywood over a form that matched the arch. and BOOM.



Below, Lauren plastered the backsplash behind the stove. It dried to a lovely pale grey that works well with the cabinets. 







Oh, yeah. I installed the front door.



This is a door casing. On a bench. I then nailed it to the wall.

Like this:


And this:







This is our plaster crown. My BIL Kyle and I spent three days or so wrestling it into a a relatively straight line. We were left with all these open joints that I filled with plaster and tooled into shape.

You can start to see the look we are going for...


 We post a lot of photos on Instagram. You can find us here and here.

Thanks for reading and following along. Lauren will read this soon and will know all the stuff I forgot to mention. Which means you'll get another dose of The Grey House Revival very soon!


4 comments:

  1. lovely!! God bless your home guys!. Lots of love from CR.. kisses+hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! The front door came out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wasn't very productive today, catching up on old posts. This is amazing, indeed! You are both so talented! Really looks great.

    ReplyDelete