Sunday, March 16, 2014

Windows update

Good news! The windows were approved!


We actually found out the Friday before we went to Utah. Then we had to go out of town, and Levi was gone for two weeks. When he got back we immediately set to work getting them in.

First, we had to cut out the outside lining covering the windows.




Then we had to figure out how to install them.

Just kidding!!!! Sort of. Levi had been pondering this for weeks. 

And when I say "we" in, um, this entire post, I mean Levi. My only involvement was helping to install the window by lifting it up, then realizing it wouldn't fit, then pulling with my entire weight to hold the window in while Levi hammered out a piece of wood to make it fit. While a visitor showed up. And stood right where the window would fall if I dropped it. Seriously.  

First we installed the big windows without their casements. 





First there was one, then there were two, and we installed the pivoting casements.



Then we stopped for the evening. The next day while I was at work, Levi texted me this picture: 


I can't believe how much they open up the back of the house. It's really amazing.

Joseph already has half the windows in and glazed.

We also realized at this point that about 45% of the window glass we ordered was 1/4 inch too tall. Awesome.

Later in the week, Levi installed the upstairs bathroom window. Here's the view looking in from the upstairs sitting room



We rented a storage unit/workspace to store and stage all the things that are coming for the house. While I was on call last week, Levi and Joseph got locked out. This is what I arrived to:

I think they are worn out. 

In other HUGE news, our kitchen cabinets came. We only have lowers. I LOVE them!! Levi's face does not reflect his opinion. I can't remember what I had just said...




Now we've got the house buttoned up for today's rain storm. Hoping for sunny weather tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment