Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Huge Load of Pictures, Here We Go!


It's been so long since either of us wrote on this that I am not going to do a long winded catchup blog. Here's a bunch of pictures. The internet wizards somehow placed them in chronological order. I think some of them will be obvious as far as context. We pickup where the amazing Dr. Jackson-Kepsel left us. I was in Alaska, freezing through the storm of the summer in a tent at 17,000 feet:  

This is a climbing team that is going slower than me. Well, I guess they are ahead of me, so I am slower. But I was chompin at the bit!

View from 14,500ft camp.

The snow drifts repeatedly got big enough that we had to get out and excavate ourselves and our clients tents throughout the night, day, next night, day, and next night. Then it was real nice. This was at 17,000ft. ish.

We got on top

Ljax came to see me in Alaska!

We rode in a plane!

I grew a man beard!

Someone has poor penmanship and a rebellious nature. Wu-Tang!



We went mountain style bikecycling before it got too hot to breathe and move.

I think my wife is pretty rad.

This is the old floors, pre stripping. Hold on tight!!

Dirty leg interlude 
Bam. Stripped some floors


Stripped some more floors

Went to Beale Street in Memphis, where my camera got fuzzy.

Picking and comparing floor stains in an organized manner.

Installing fancy plaster crown molding. 

Grinding the bricks clean. It was quite an abrasive process and I left my welding jacket in the other truck, so Lauren duct taped surgical rags (sterile) to her arms and went at it with gusto.

Lauren is a weightlifting beast. We have begun a training program and Lauren's schedule demands we get up at 4:30 am to get our lift on. We call it quality together time.

Built a deck. It's pretty neat. Used some steel and wood and stuff. That siding is turning out pretty good, I guess.

That upper window is the only new one we had to buy. Someone had put a shower insert over it from the inside and just tore out the old one and put wood over it. You know, because bathrooms are so much nicer with no natural light, amiright?


Put some self leveler on the bathroom floor.Turns out this stuff really self levels. Weird right? Science and stuff. Anyway, we put some damn tile down on it today and forgot to take some pics. So sorry. 

Built a little table to put the router table on. It makes me feel organized, and in the face of a massive project that is never finished it's nice to make up a little project and finish something. 

That's it! There will be more! We are starting the finish process, so hang to your bums!


1 comment:

  1. Levi, you are one interesting writer. I found myself wishing this post went on much longer than it did! Soldier on.

    ReplyDelete