Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Demolition is Done. Mostly.


Levi here- Remember those stairs? The ones with the wall in front of them? Here's the wall with no lathe and plaster:


Here's the wall with no wall:
No wall 1

No wall 2
 Here's 3 pieces of cast plaster crown moulding. The one in the middle is 14 inches tall. Let that sink in... that means a few things A. That is a really damn tall room B. That is a really damn tall door C. That is a really damn tall piece of crown. I used the traditional english spelling of moulding cuz I'm pedantic.

 Which one is the best? L and I ultimately have our opinion and that is what we'll go with, but for the sake of conversation which do you like? if any? 


I'm already dreading installing 8 foot sections of this stuff. It's real heavy.


The ceiling and walls are gone from the kitchen. It has exposed the multiple additions of varying quality.This was probably a room then a porch then a room again.



This was a stairway at some point, as best I can tell.

All the cast iron pipes will be cut out and scrapped for $$!


Old fusebox. Scary and cool.


We uninstalled the upstairs mantel very carefully so we can use it later when the other work is done. The chimney space now looks denuded:


Turns out the mantel looks great everywhere:



Some artsy shots of our beautiful house:




And here's the whole thing in it's splendour:




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    I really enjoyed reading through your blog posts on http://www.thegreyhouserevival.blogspot.com/. I got a real sense of enthusiasm and passion in each post. Actually, I run Metalhandyman.com, a blog about metalcraft and DIY home improvement projects. If you’re interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Just shoot me quick a e-mail and we can begin this potentially exciting affiliation together. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks,
    Bob
    bob.mauer65@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love te stairs. Love the facade. On the moulding, I say go big or go home ;)

    ReplyDelete